Thursday, October 06, 2011

Oh how I have missed teaching

Yesterday was my first day lecturing at the University of Hertfordshire and it felt so good to be teaching once again. I was worried I may freeze having not done it for so long, but even after three years it feels natural like riding a bike. There may have only been 10 students, but they were all very nice and genuinely interested and I am told there may be more in coming weeks. Despite the low numbers and a few pauses where I lost myself, I felt on top of the world.

It's an amazing feeling when you find work that makes you feel this alive and you get the sense that you are doing the job that you are made for. It just confirmed even more that despite the lack of lecturing work in the UK, this is what I want to be doing. It's just a real shame it's only 3 hours a week and an 170 mile round trip.

Oh well, still hoping and waiting on more work from other universities.

No comments: